Sunday, August 25, 2019

Pierre Hartmann How to Control Close Quarters Fighting

Close work is a signature feature of Non-Classical Gung Fu, Jesse R. Glover, who was Bruce Lee's first student and his Assistant Instructor, took the work he learned from Bruce and continued to refine it into his sticking concept for more than 40 years.

Pierre Hartmann is a long-time student of Jesse R. Glover, he was also the pioneer of bringing Non-Classical Gung Fu into Switzerland, France, England, and Germany.  From this developed a strong foundation for those wishing to study NCKF in Europe from people who have a strong lineage background from Jesse and Ed Hart to this day long-time practitioners of this process share their knowledge with students in Europe.  Pierre Hartmann is a real pioneer.

In this clip, he shares some of his work with Close Quarter Work that he has learned by applying Non-Classical Kung Fu and Fook Yuneg Kune.

How To Control Close Quarter Fighting



4 comments:

  1. Will there be any workshops in ontario canada?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good question. I think Pierre would be open to that. I will post if I hear of one coming up.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Pierre Hartmann:

    Knowing Steve Smith since 1998 when he assisted Jesse Glover in one of his seminars in Geneva switzerland.
    Since; as a friend and mentor he gave me the opportunity to study under him his yeung chuan method.
    To me, Jesse Glover’s NCGF is the key factor of what i ve achieved today in terms of a real oriented self defense. Without my years of experiences from what i got from Ed Hart, Glover and Sonny Umpad, Steve’s yeung chuan would’nt have been understood for me and integrated as it is today.
    My credits goes to my four friends & Mentors,,,who helped me on my path.
    I always tell my students that the NCGF stuff and Steve’s Smith’s yeung chuan from Fook Yeung ist the ultimate link and switch between the external & internal way. As a NON-STYLE once integrated, it will complete ajustements from hard and soft in split of seconds when needed.
    My experience from Sonny Umpad helped me to understand many more things, especially footwork. Without that, my approach would be very limited.
    I will do my best to keep my filtered stuff avaliable to teach and given as a REAL oriented self defense, but also for the cardio aspect & well beeing.
    Also thanks to my friends; Renato Alfonso, Tom De Felice and many others (sorry for not name it) and especially to my students ,,,« who are my teachers »

    Thank You Steve Smith!

    ReplyDelete